[ILUG-BOM] Sendmail Problem

Trevor Warren trevor.w@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Apr 12 10:43:40 IST 2004

Morning Mangesh,

Mangesh V Rakhunde said:

>  Even when i sen= d a mail from outlook or squirrelmail... it gets
>    timed out..
[snip]

 Can you please send us the o/p of "netstat -ln". Also, can you tell us
what is your local domain configured as. Perform a "nslookup domainname"
and see if it can be resolved from the Command prompt.

 Besides this also a very simple but important step you can remember while
debugging services on a Gnu/Linux box is that...."tail -f
/path/to/log/file" and send/recieve emails.

 Let us know what you deduce frmo the above.

>  Can anyone please guess what could be the problem.....
>  I really wanted to attend LUG meet but could not get time.... may
>    b= e next meet....
[snip]

  Looking forward to catching up with you at the next LUG meeting.

Trevor

--
/~\    __       Scaling FLOSS in the      __   /~\