[ILUG-BOM]Installation problem

Satya ilugbom@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Oct 18 01:09:06 IST 2003

On Oct 17, 2003 at 19:39, Nelson Serrao wrote:

>I am unable to install Redhat Linux 6.1 or 7.3 on my new Intel
>845GVAD2 motherboard with PIV 2.4 GHz. It gives me some anaconda,
>pythan ,etc error with an ok and debug button as options in ver 6.1
>whereas in ver 7.3 it says some anaconda script error occured. it
>ejects the cd and says it is now safe to reboot the system. i tried
>installing linux ver9 and it installed perfectly. but i want to use
>ver 6.1 or 7.3 since i am building a cache server on it. please help.
>btw, i just returned the hyperthreading board processor and sata hard
>disk since it is not supported at all by ver 6.1 or 7.3.

You could install Debian instead. I did not understand your need for
an older, buggier version of Redhat. Why not use the latest? Nor did I
understand the bit about hardware, but that's possibly my fault.

Do you have specific error messages?

--
Satya. <URL:http://www.thesatya.com/>
'Press to test.' <click>  'Release to detonate.'