[ILUG-BOM] Workshop for Saraf College, Malad (W) - GNU/Linux Networking andSecurity

Dinesh Shah dinesh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jul 25 17:35:41 IST 2003

Harsh and Sachin,

Thx for your inputs.

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 02:10:21AM +0530, Harsh wrote:
> too much for students in one day... ideally this should be over a week 2hrs
> a day or a proper niit type of course ;) so that it makes sense to anyone...

The topic has been requested by the college. And in any case we are
going to give an over view of the topics outlined and go in some details
as and when required (like TCP/IP).

At the and of the day, participants should walkout with enough knowledge
about Networking and Security in GNU/Linux so they can work with
GNU/Linux in networked environ with having awareness about security. (not
using "root" account for day-to-day work etc.)

However, the outline has been given to the college authority for their inputs.
Once we have the feedback from them, we may have to rework the topics. I
will keep you all posted.

Sachin, U have given some nice list of topics. How about preparing one
of them and presenting it in next GLUG meet?

That brings me to the next GLUG meet. Amish, any update on venue and agenda?

TIA for your current and future support and contribution.
With regards,
--
--Dinesh Shah :-)
Dinesh at ShahMicro.com