[ILUG-BOM] nobody knows what is .sft file extention this is my third post on list

Tahir Hashmi code_martial@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Dec 27 12:50:39 IST 2002

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002 12:15:16 +0600 (IST)
romi jk wrote:

>Does nobody knows what is .sft file extention.Ihave posted a
>couple of times for this matter but have not yet received any
>solutions.(i have a cd of some small linux distribution and it
>contains a file called elite.sft but cant open it)

Write to the vendors of the distribution asking about it. Try
"file elite.sft" and if it says something like "text", you can
view it in any text viewer (less, for example). Otherwise try:

strings elite.sft | less

on the command prompt to see whatever text is in that file. You
might find a description if you're lucky.

--
Tahir Hashmi (VSE, NCST)
http://staff.ncst.ernet.in/tahir

We, the rest of humanity, wish GNU luck and Godspeed