[ILUG-BOM] Linux India Initiative

kishor bhagwat aaaaarrrgghhh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Dec 25 14:29:18 IST 2002

-- "Nagarjuna G." <nagarjun at hbcse.tifr.res.in> wrote:
<abt the govt meeting on GNU software>

I think this is a great step in the right direction.I
learnt something really valuable from my recent trip to
hong kong...the penetration levels of computers there are
so high purely because all software is localized. I was
surprised to find that ALL computer books are in the local
language!!
Rather than waiting for and depending on a commercial
organisation to give us localized software, our govt.
should take the initiative and start the process using GNU
software.
Our English-speaking populace is considered a strength in
some areas, but if we are to take the advantages of
technology to the masses, the ONLY way is by helping them
adopt it in the easiest possible way.

great work Nagarjuna..we couldnt have had a better
ambassador at such a forum.

regds,
kishor