[ILUG-BOM] Re: 1.Configuring Internet Access via NIC & 2. CDRW advice

Suresh Ramasubramanian mallet@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jan 16 08:20:06 IST 2002

+++ Vishal Belsare [linux-india] <15/01/02 23:27 +0530>:
> 1. Configuring and setting up my linux box to access internet through a
> network card (Realtek 8139 chipset)

man ifconfig... use the driver rtl8139 or via-rhine for your card in case you
have to manually insmod it

> 2. To know whether Acer CRW 2010A CD-Rewriter [ 20x(write) 10x(rewrite)
> 40x(read) ] is compatible with Linux. would like to hear from people who
> have used this model successfully or even otherwise.

Read the CD writing howto - am reasonably sure this is a standard cd writer -
should work with cdrecord etc

> P.S: I would also like to know whether there are any Linux users in the
> suburb of Andheri, Bombay. People willing to respond please e-mail and dont
> post on the group.

Ask on ilug-bom ...

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <---->  mallet <at> efn dot org