[ILUG-BOM] my take on todays seminar < Ur view is right - But not entirely right >

Manish Jethani cruisecoder@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jul 22 03:31:03 IST 2001

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Pradeep Vasudev wrote:

> Please note that RMS is a better programmer than even Gosling,
> and Gosling is regarded as the maker of Java.

:)  Do you consider yourself capable enough to judge who's a
better programmer from amongst RMS and Gosling?  :) :) :)

> If RMS wanted he could have made millions with far less
> effort. He chose not to, and think him for it, else, you would

He could have made millions; I doubt whether it would've come
with any less effort.  Anyway, how do you know RMS hasn't
already made millions?

> Doesn't the BSD group feel a little cheesed off, after MS took
> thier TCP/IP code and without so much as a by-you-leave, used
> it for Windows and did not even bother to mention the fact
> anywere?

It's dere, it's dere!  Run strings(1) over deir binaries!

Manish

--
Make a wish, it might come true.