[ILUG-BOM] Swap full

Rajen Parekh rajen@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jul 22 00:49:03 IST 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe wrote:

> It's something that is heavily discussed on the kernel mailing list. Some
> time after the 2.4 release, Linux had announced that the swap requirements
> will stay that way until 2.5

I have 96 MB RAM and 134 MB Swap (odd figure, isn't it ?). Earlier I had
32 MB RAM with the same amount of swap. So far, I have never had any
problems even when there is/was excessive use of swap. So, I am not sure
if it really matters if swap should be 2x the RAM amount. Rather I would
think that the lesser the RAM the more the swap. In fact, that was one of
the reason that I had increased my swap size from 64 to 134 MB when I had
only 32 MB RAM. At that time I was using kernel 2.2.16

Rajen.