[ILUG-BOM] Telnet (the real answer)

Pradeep Vasudev pradeep@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jul 20 10:55:06 IST 2001

From: <Darshan.wakchaure at lntinfotech.com>
> Hi,
> Yeah thats working, but i am able to telnet only from the host.
> How do I make is available over the network ??

Is that for RH 7.1 you not only have to enable telnet but also configure
your firewall to allow telnet connections from other machines. At the
prompt, type "lokkit" to see the firewall configuration screen, get into
'customize' and choose the protocols u wish to allow.
btw, one suggests using ssh and sftp instead of telnet and ftp. hackers, you
know...
Pradeep

PS: To the Fanaticos: dont bore me about the hacker/cracker business, i know
it.