[ILUG-BOM] Telnet

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jul 19 15:53:03 IST 2001

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 Darshan.wakchaure at lntinfotech.com wrote:

> [/etc/xinet.d/telnet ]
>
> Yeah thats working, but i am able to telnet only from the host.
> How do I make is available over the network ??

Are you able to ping the interface from the network?  Check
/etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny (man hosts.allow).  Check if any
acl has been set up in xinetd.conf or xinetd.d/telnet
check /var/log/messages to see what error is occurring.

Philip

--
The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and
robbers there will be.

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis