[ILUG-BOM] help for linux beginer

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jul 18 16:53:02 IST 2001

Sometime Today, nikhiljosh at runbox.com assembled some asciibets to say:

> I am also a newbie to Linux and agree that man pages do provide
> quite a good help. But I feel they are terse and at times you don't
> have a clue what they mean .

The man pages were never meant for beginners.  They are meant for people
who already know the commands and only want a quick reference.  They can
also be called from within vi (Ctrl+K).

For beginners, there are the info pages that are much more descriptive,
almost like a tutorial.

Philip

--
If you have to think twice about it, you're wrong.

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis