[ILUG-BOM] help for linux beginer

nikhiljosh at antispam nikhiljosh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jul 18 08:27:03 IST 2001

On Tuesday 17 July 2001 11:50 pm, Navin wrote:

> The best book/manual to refer to while learning linux commands are
> the MAN pages.(MAN - Manual)

I am also a newbie to Linux and agree that man pages do provide quite a good help. But I feel they are terse and at times you don't have a clue what they mean .

I will recommend Linux For Dummies by Jon "Maddog" Hall .
It not only gives you details about frequently used commands but it also explains them in humourous way. I have it and find very useful . It also has details on using vi .