[ILUG-BOM] help for linux beginer

Nikhil Karkera ianmalc@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jul 18 00:27:03 IST 2001

------------- Original Message --------------
"Navin" <navin_dhanuka at yahoo.com> wrote:

The Unix Programming Environment - Kernighan & Pike..
Shell Programming.. - Kanetkar..
The second book must be available on every leading computer book shop.
The first book is the best book & can be said as an authority for Newbees.
Around 360 pages, but its rare, so you can xerox it from me (if u want).
Xeroxing at Mitibai costs 0.25 @page so it 90/- & for spiral binding 25/-.
----------------- End ------------------------

I believe Xerox copying of (most) books is illegal.
I know this is not an issue for GNU/Linux, but I
guess its similar. There are laws about copying
and distributing books. We've all copied books from
friends at some point, but atleast let's not make it
seem to be ok on a public list. And I guess the
authors of the concerned book deserve the royalties
anyway, if it indeed is such a good book :)

Regards,
Nikhil.