[ILUG-BOM] help for linux beginer

Nikhil Karkera ianmalc@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jul 17 22:52:03 IST 2001

------------- Original Message --------------
ketan shah <coolketone at yahoo.com> wrote:

i have just started with linux but i don't know what
are the various commands and their use so is there any
good book or some tutorial which will help me.
---------------- End ------------------------

If you are looking for a book in hard copy
then "Shell Programming in Unix" by Yashwant
Kanetkar is a good place to start. This book
is however about Unix and not GNU/Linux, so
it will only serve the purpose of shell commands,
learning vi, and ofcourse shell programming.
I think the book will cost you about Rs.175/=

But you can always find many many tutorials
on the Net. These will be a good place to
know about commands. To further learn about them,
the man pages should be sufficient.

Regards,
Nikhil.