[ILUG-BOM] CCNA training

S. Krishnan sri_krishnan@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jul 16 17:13:03 IST 2001

Kunal,

Please preface the subject of posts unrelated to Linux
with [OT].

If you're interested in doing the CCNA test, I'd
suggest that you buy the CCNA prep book set published
by Cisco (available in an inexpensive Indian edition)
and study from there rather than spend a lot of money
on certification courses from private institutes -
unless of course they offer adequate hands-on time on
Cisco equipment.   While NIIT, Aptech, Karrox and the
other usual suspects all offer CCNA and other Cisco
certification courses, I do not think they offer any
hands-on training.  Thus, if all you're going to do is
swot from print, it would probably be better to learn
from the fountainhead, i.e. the Cisco manuals, rather
than from a set of notes worked up by a bunch of
inexperenced "teachers".
Just my opinion...

Regards,

Krishnan