[FSUG-Bangalore] spoken tutorials , lets collaborate , contribute - appeal to earn while learn

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 02:49:05 IST 2010

Hi all

Prof Kannan.M , IIT-B was here in Bangalore for three days from sept 13th to
sept 15th 2010 for conducting workshop on scilab http://scilab.in/node/322

Apart from this workshop he shared few of the projects going on like The
Spoken Tutorial project is the  initiative of the *"Talk to a Teacher* "
project of the *National Mission on Education* through *ICT*, launched
by *MHRD,
Govt of India.*

Here are the details of the project which he was talking about , many might
already know
http://spoken-tutorial.org/

There are many tutorials developed like http://spoken-tutorial.org/node/169

Project has a wiki http://spoken-tutorial.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Prof kannan suggested and also appealed to participate actively in the
project and also gave the details about he incentives for creating such
tutorials. those who are interested can go through the links here

http://spoken-tutorial.org/wiki/index.php/Spoken_Tutorial_Processes
http://spoken-tutorial.org/node/169/index.php/Creators_Checklist
http://spoken-tutorial.org/wiki/index.php/Dubbers_Checklist

There are some issues about the softwares being used for creating tutorials
and the format of the files currently that are done, which will be sorted
out soon ( this mail is not about that )

I personally feel that this is a great opportunity not to be missed

I am writing to all my known contact , kindly forward to all of your known
contacts ( in and around bangalore ) and we shall meet face to face and
discuss and collaborate to help in making the project very successful.
People from other places outside Bangalore can also join if they wish, but
for now the meeting is in Bangalore.

Also suggest a date for meeting , meanwhile we can also keep discussing
about the project on the list

I wish you all to give your comments / suggestions after looking into the
details of the project once in detail

with regards
Renuka Prasad
9901945674