[FSUG-Bangalore] Reg: Ubuntu latest version

Shashi connect2shashi at gmail.com
Tue May 5 15:17:05 IST 2009

> Also, Can I install Ubuntu on a Laptop with Pentium III processor and 10GB HDD?

I think yes, but you'll have to first create a linux swap partition on
your hard disk if your RAM is lower than 128MB, or the CD will take
years to boot and won't respond after booting, you can create swap
partitions first by using the debian netinst cd or even any Ubuntu CD
older than Fiesty (7.04) as they have command line (or console)
installers that don't take up much RAM. - Experience! haha, finally
upgraded my RAM though.

--
Shashi
http://identi.ca/g0