[FSUG-Bangalore] Reg: Ubuntu latest version

Ramkumar R artagnon at gmail.com
Mon May 4 13:31:41 IST 2009

> - Ubuntu (latest stable ver 9.0.4??)
You have to make this choice. There is no "ideal" distibution. But
yes, if you're going with Ubuntu, you might as well go with 9.04.

> - Open Office (or staroffice)
OpenOffice is a good office suite.

> - Thunderbird 2.x (any other suggestions here)?
For larger volumes of email, I recommend Evolution. It has a fantastic
calendar/ contacts interface built-in as well.

> - Joomla/Django for CMS (intranet)
Hm? What exactly do you want? Joomla is a CMS. Django is not- it's a
web framework written in Python.

> - Alternate to Visio (flowchart)?
I don't know. I'll let someone else answer this.

> Does anyone have a DVD/CD containing all the latest version of the above (or
> part of it) set of software?
If you'd like to perform a large number of installations, you could
remaster the Ubuntu CD/DVD to contain all this software + any other
customizations you wish. All this software has dependencies, so
shipping you .deb packages of just the software won't really suffice.

HTH.

--
Artagnon (.com)

Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See