[FSUG-Bangalore] Request feedback - Note on Inter-operability issues with Nudi

vinay ವಿನಯ್ vinay at itforchange.net
Mon Jul 13 19:30:55 IST 2009

Dear All,

One of the biggest impediments for FOSS adoption by government of
Karnataka is that Nudi does not work on GNU/Linux.
In a recent discussion, some of us from IT for Change brought this
concern to the notice of Srikanth Nadhamuni who is a member of the core
committee set up by Government of Karnataka to develop  a egovernance
road-map for the state.

Mr.Nadhamuni has asked to us to submit a note on the inter-operability
concerns with Nudi. I have prepared a draft note and uploaded it on the
FSUG wiki. Request all of you to please review the note and make any
necessary modifications to the note. Once the note is complete, we can
submit it to the government.

I have uploaded the note here -

http://bangalore.gnu.org.in/index.php/FSUG-Bangalore:Nudi_Issues

Please feel free to also add on any other thoughts/suggestions on this
matter. At the end of the day, we want a government approved solution
which is free and open and lets us use Kannada, independent of platform
(and which also helps take care of the earlier/archival documents on
earlier versions of Nudi).

Thanks,
Vinay.

--