[FSUG-Bangalore] which the the best FOSS movie editing and mixing software like pinnacle or neuando

Jose David Cuartas Correa josedavidcuartas at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 12 00:21:10 IST 2009

Hello Renuka!

My advice

In my experience exploring different FLOSS tools like Cinelerra, Kino, Kdenlive, Open movie editor,  Openshot video editor, VideoCut... etc

For video editing, I can tell you, that the best option is the PiTiVi video editor

http://www.pitivi.org/

I agree with the professor Nagarjuna, that Kdenlive is a good alternative, but in my experience using kdenlive i ever have some problems with it, because the sound support is not so good.

But now with PiTiVi you don't have this problem, because is handled by the GStreamer multimedia framework. This means that if you have installed all the Gstreamer codecs, you can edit all kind of multimedia formats and files.

For me, is a simple but powerful tool with a very good performance that also have a very simple, friendly and intuitive graphical interface.

Regards form Colombia - South America

Jose

----

Jose David Cuartas Correa