[FSUG-Bangalore] 25th Anniversary Celebration @ RVCE, Bangalore - a brief reporting and photos

Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) sensunda at cisco.com
Mon Sep 29 10:31:36 IST 2008

________________________________

From: fsug-bangalore-bounces at mm.gnu.org.in
[mailto:fsug-bangalore-bounces at mm.gnu.org.in] On Behalf Of renuka prasad
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 12:42 PM
To: Free Software Users Group - Bangalore; rvcelinuxusersgroup;
rvcemcastaff at googlegroups.com
Subject: [FSUG-Bangalore] 25th Anniversary Celebration @ RVCE,Bangalore
- a brief reporting and photos

Hi all

It was a nice celebration,

9 -11 around 40 volunteers indexed and we tried to merge all the essays
of selected Essay of RMS in kannada

>>> excellent . do we have all the rms essays transalated in kannada now
. is it available soemwhere to read.

10 - 12.30 -- around 100 students experienced the installation process
of GNU + Linux

12.40 to 1.20 : Expert talk was arranged ,
                         1. Sunil Abraham spoke about FOSS business
models during the installation process itself
                         2. Madhu and Santosh from BMSCE shared their
experience in GSOC and inspired many to
                             take  part in coming GSOC
                         3. Sujith gave demo on Cannon Hacking
Develpoment Kit

1.20 - 1.50   : We cut the cake -- around 200 students shared the cake
and other snacks arranged

 Many other member from fsug-joined -- few to mention, Anivar,
Ambati-Sridhar, Prabhanjan

here are the few snaps -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25734428@N06/sets/72157607540238657/

i have a video file --- 30 mb + 30 mb -- dont know where to put it ,
will try somewhere and send the link soon