[FSUG-Bangalore] ieee and free software - gnu linux kerenelworkshop

Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) sensunda at cisco.com
Wed Sep 10 20:57:08 IST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: fsug-bangalore-bounces at mm.gnu.org.in [mailto:fsug-bangalore-bounces at mm.gnu.org.in] On Behalf Of Anivar Aravind
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:32 PM
To: Free Software Users Group - Bangalore
Subject: Re: [FSUG-Bangalore] ieee and free software - gnu linux kerenelworkshop

On 9/10/08, Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) <sensunda at cisco.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> though things are not yet confirmed .. we might have a gnu-linux
> kerenel worksop conducted by IBM Gnu/Linux Tech center
>
> this is the rough agenda ... and discussion are still on between ieee
> and the ibm folks

Is it GNU Kernel (Hurd) workshop or Linux kernel workshop?

The agenda seems like a GNU/Linux workshop with special emphasis on kernel You can name it as GNUtools and Linux kernel workshop

Please remember IEEE's M$ offerings to students see http://swatantran.blogspot.com/2008/07/ieee-wants-its-students-to-be-slaves.html
http://www.ieee.org/web/membership/students/branchresources/microsoftofferstudents.html

>>> yes very aware of ieee positions and many other friends like renuka pointed to this...and we are firmly opposed to monopoly inititatives...we will infact speak about our position in the session

> -S
>

> Gnu/Linux Kernel Workshop

Change it as Linux Kernel workshop

> Objective
>
> Train students on essentials of Gnu/Linux internals, debugging,
> development tools and
>
> working with the open source community.

Use the word free software
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html