[FSUG-Bangalore] ieee and free software - gnu linux kerenel workshop

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 20:32:27 IST 2008

On 9/10/08, Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) <sensunda at cisco.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> though things are not yet confirmed .. we might have a gnu-linux kerenel
> worksop conducted by IBM Gnu/Linux Tech center
>
> this is the rough agenda ... and discussion are still on between ieee and
> the ibm folks

Is it GNU Kernel (Hurd) workshop or Linux kernel workshop?

The agenda seems like a GNU/Linux workshop with special emphasis on kernel
You can name it as GNUtools and Linux kernel workshop

GNU/Linux is the Operating system
Linux is the kernel

Please remember IEEE's M$ offerings to students see
http://swatantran.blogspot.com/2008/07/ieee-wants-its-students-to-be-slaves.html
http://www.ieee.org/web/membership/students/branchresources/microsoftofferstudents.html

> -S
>

> Gnu/Linux Kernel Workshop

Change it as Linux Kernel workshop

> Objective
>
> Train students on essentials of Gnu/Linux internals, debugging, development
> tools and
>
> working with the open source community.

Use the word free software
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html