[FSUG-Bangalore] meeting with chief minister and other ministers regarding Unicode and ascii issues wrt kannada

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 19:07:13 IST 2008

HI all

There will be a meeting arranged with the Chief Minister of Karnataka, Sri
Yediyurappa soon regarding problems with the unicode and ascii issues
kannada by some Scholars, Professors, Students and also from various walks
of life.

Is there any one who can accompany on behalf of fsug-bangalore for this
meeting , if so please reply to this mail, we can also give a representation
on behalf of fsug-bangalore and as well we can request for inclusion of free
softwares in the syllabus at schools , colleges and universities and also
request for implementing open standards for office documents

This meeting is going to be arranged in the interest of all software users
as government of karnataka is going to implement e-governence for most of
its processing.

Date and timing of the meeting is not yet know --- as of now how many
representations will come from different walks of life is the discussion
going on ....