[FSUG-Bangalore] SFD in Bangalore

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 23:15:37 IST 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Vid_A <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 15:25, sreedhar ambati <ambatisreedhar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think none from Bangalore have contacted them
>
> Since we are late for the SFD kit, I got in touch with shipit and they
> may send CD's. But at this point i'd like last year's organizers to
> take a bow please. Can you tell me if we do need CD's/swag, etc... If
> you provide participation numbers from last year we wont waste
> resources.  It would be nice if you could give me this info asap since
> shipit takes time and if we delay it wont reach before the event.

Do you feel  SFD Kit is important?
It is the ubuntu CDs(e-waste) and the freedom inside jail Stuff(Open
CD with windows binaries)  right?

Personally i am only interested in other SFD branding stuff like
Tshirts and Balloons, We can create better ones locally by bearing
apna apna tshirt cost and little donations. We can distribute all
Distros by keeping a Laptop with ISO images .  So no need of any
partiality towards ubuntu .

<Flame ON>
 I personally prefer Debian/ Fedora/gNewSense  over Ubuntu for
promoting the causeof software freedom (reasons here
http://fosscom.in/wiki/User:Pravs/What_Ubuntu_should_do_to_regain_my_confidence)
</Flame OF>

Anivar