[FSUG-Bangalore] Cloud computing is a trap, warns GNU founder Richard Stallman

Sajith T S sajith at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 15:52:01 IST 2008

"Aswin M. Sahadevan" <aswinms at gmail.com> wrote:

> IMO, Google would not do anything to screw up the reputation that they've
> oh-so-carefully built in the past decade. It will be ridiculous if it was
> expected of each and every person to host a server. I agree that privacy
> is not guaranteed when you use such services but these are risks that are
> inevitable.

Why not encrypt, wherever possible, wherever you're concerned about
privacy?  SMTP itself is not designed with privacy or authenticity as
the greatest concerns (presumably because of separation of mechanisms
and policies yada yada).  That's how PGP and GnuPG came to be, true?

--
"the lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne."
     	         -- Chaucer.