[FSUG-Bangalore] Cloud computing is a trap, warns GNU founder Richard Stallman

Aswin M. Sahadevan aswinms at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 15:29:47 IST 2008

> hmm I should seriously start using thunderbird for gmail, so that all
> my eggs are not in the same basket.

The point is not about using a client/webmail it is about using GMail.

IMO, Google would not do anything to screw up the reputation that they've
oh-so-carefully built in the past decade. It will be ridiculous if it was
expected of each and every person to host a server. I agree that privacy is
not guaranteed when you use such services but these are risks that are
inevitable.

Regards,
-Aswin.