[FSUG-Bangalore] Cloud computing is a trap, warns GNU founder Richard Stallman

Aanjhan R aanjhan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 12:36:05 IST 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 6:00 AM, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Web-based programs like Google's Gmail will force people to buy into
> locked, proprietary systems that will cost more and more over time,
> according to the free software campaigner"

Not a troll. But just curious. Wasn't AGPL created for Web
applications?? If yes, why this dual stand? Also, now how many of the
"free" software activists can afford to have their own mail servers
setup? So everybody must stop using email? May be not even google
search because thats also a web application IMO and one must have ones
own version of Search running on his/her own computer.

I am really curious after this comment.

I make it a point again, this is not a troll and looking forward for
clarifications.

Regards,
Aanjhan