[FSUG-Bangalore] translation of selected essays of RMS to Kannada - celebrating 25th anniversary of GNU project -27th sept 2008

Shashi connect2shashi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 19:03:37 IST 2008

I know it takes another day to stop laughing at what happened today!
(for others (than Renuka Sir)) on the list i'll let him use his own
privacy policy about what happened today... (ha ha )
I had really thought the Kannada translation is over! (you know why!)
now, tell me more about the translation...

I've started a new group of coders (not users) of free software
development and I hope to make an organization like Apache Software
foundation... I'm starting a website uncorkers.org to do this... the
group is now a google group at
http://groups.google.com/group/uncorkers
the website is being discussed at
http://groups.google.com/group/uncorkers/browse_thread/thread/a6c8d9d3186c3559
http://groups.google.com/group/uncorkers/files
for screenshots...

Can I get a 5 min time slot during RMS (if the code is complete by
then, of course.. to release the website?).. i'm yet to buy the
domain...

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:41 PM, renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Shashi <connect2shashi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Actually i had asfd team in JP nagar and have read the rms essay book i
>> got with my gnu sense i'm a fan of FSmovment i can really help here forget
>> my scores and give me a chapter no.
>
> Very good that you have read and understood the philosophy of free software
> !!
>
> This is the pre-requisite for translation or any contribution to the free
> software society..
>
> More importantly you have a  learning mind --- and enthusiasm to do --
>
> Also whatever we are doing on 27-9-2008 ,saturday is not the final one, lot
> of reviews will take place -- infact it is a good chance to see how
> differently people use words for different technical terms and also give the
> necessary mening ,
>
>  we are there to help you , will give you necessary dictionary and provide
> any other help required ---
>
> welcome you once again -- looking forward for your valuable contribution --
> young buds like you needs lot of support --- come join us , lets take
> forward the free software movement initiated by RMS

Shashi
http://connect2shashi.blogspot.com