[FSUG-Bangalore] FSF-CMMACS, Bangalore Chapter

Anil Earnest earnest at cmmacs.ernet.in
Fri Mar 14 09:42:47 IST 2008

Hello all,

sorry for cross postings!

Here at C-MMACS we (few FSF fans!) wanna start a chapter of FSF.
Basically we want to provide a forum for similar people to share  ideas
or support each other.

I would like to hear from you about this, especially on how to start a
FSF forum and related issues.

May as a beginning we would like to host an inaugural function with few
invited talks on following each of 1/2 - 1 hr duration.

1. philosophy of fsf, history etc.
2. open source computing in  High performance computing using Linux
Clusters (Beowulf's),
3. oss in earth-sciences (GMT, GRASS ...).
4. oss text processing (Tex history and usage)
5. GNU Scientific library usage and applications etc.

Please suggest some expert names in these fields, so that we can contact
them on this regard. Expected date of this event is end of April, 08.

I would like to hear from you on the earliest.

warm regards

- Anil Earnest

--

        Anil Earnest                 Phone : +91 80 2505 1904 (Off.)
        Scientist,                           +91 80 30203831 (Res.)
        Bangalore - 560037,          E-mail: earnest at cmmacs.ernet.in
        India.                     Homepage: http://www.cmmacs.ernet.in/~earnest