[FSUG-Bangalore] feedback regarding FSB session by Abhas

Abhas Abhinav abhas at deeproot.co.in
Tue Jun 10 18:28:58 IST 2008

Hi Senthil!

On Monday 09 Jun 2008 8:24:39 am Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) wrote:
> Abhas mentioned an important business point in the model where we need
> to be careful about is that maintenance contract should be for the
> released version of the software and should not cover the defects due to
> additional changes made by the customer to the software.

I think the point above is taken a little differently than what I'd wanted to
say. I never said that the maintenance contract *should* only cover the
released / official version of the software and *should* not cover defects due
to additional changes by the customer. Users should always be free to make
changes for whatever their needs are.

What I wanted to say is that this is *one* of the things that you can do if
you want to have a contract built this way. I wouldn't say that this is
something that you ought to always do.

There could be several reasons why a user might need to change the code. If
most of these changes have been made in good faith, I feel that we should
support the users.

Cheers, Abhas.