[FSUG-Bangalore] feedback regarding FSB session by Abhas

Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) sensunda at cisco.com
Mon Jun 9 08:24:39 IST 2008

To add few more lines to the previous mail,
 The session talked about the business model also.
 Money can be earned using free software by charging for the services,
making maintenance contracts, customization, localization & upgrades.
Abhas mentioned an important business point in the model where we need
to be careful about is that maintenance contract should be for the
released version of the software and should not cover the defects due to
additional changes made by the customer to the software.

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Balaji Srinivasan