[FSUG-Bangalore] FSUG - Karnataka

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at swatantra.org
Wed Jun 4 09:08:25 IST 2008

Hi,
The basic idea I was proposing was a coordination mechanism among the
different Free software groups in the State of Karnataka.
Please note that I was not proposing an FSF-Kn as we have not yet built the
required organisational base.
Taking membership of FSF-India is good. But if we have to have any activity
then the activity will be local, right?
A question that can be posed is why do we need an FSF-{India, Latin America,
Europe} when there is already an FSF?
FSF-India can only give guidance. We at the grassroot level will have to
execute it and build the Movement. That cannot be done by FSF-India.
FSF-{AP,Ker, TN, WB} are not independent of FSF-India just as Karnataka, AP,
Kerala, WB, TN etc.. are not independent of India. Similar concept.

Vikram Vincent