[FSUG-Bangalore] FSUG - Karnataka

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at swatantra.org
Tue Jun 3 15:30:38 IST 2008

Hi Renuka,

2008/6/2 renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>:

> OK FREEDOM FIGHTERS ----all are pumped up..
>
> well let me tell my views on these
>
> 1) if we have to plan for the f oundation and fsf-karnataka is the
> intention ( free software foundation - karnataka ) first thing is where will
> the contributors contribute the funds --- this is my my first worry -- i
> will contribute 1000 Rs for that as a fund the day it sarts -- but where is
> the website where i can donate online --- i cant take DD and do other things
> ( assume )

Any proposed FSF-Kn will be a registered Not-for-profit organisation and
accounting will take place accordingly.
I'm sure that we can focus on that once the ground work is put in place.

> 2)fsf-karnataka -- if the events happens independent of fsf-india then i
> feel we need to rethink on these

When we say that activities indepedent of FSF-India we do not mean
independent of principles or goals but rather activities taking local
conditions and issues into consideration.

> 3) fsf-india itself has to become more stronger -- lets work towards that
> first

This is a simultaneous process rather than a linear one.

> 5 ) So good that we have a separate fsf ----- when it is a foundation then
> i thing there is need for lot of ground work to be done -- i feel another
> two more years are needed to make FSUG more in karnataka then we can form a
> fsf - karnataka

There are certain basic organisational requirements to be fulfilled first.
For example, strong campus level self sustaining groups in at least a few
institutions, a committed local team, an educational institution who will
provide certain minimum resources and infrastructure, etc... I feel that we
do not have to wait two years but the timeline will be decided by our
activities. We hope that RVCE, BMSCE, St. Joseph's, Christ's and other
communities will play a major role in this.

> 6) foundation means lot of contributions would pur in then who will manage
> all that and then there are many events have to be regualarly organized
> through out
> ---- so first lets make the community aware of the free softwares through
> out state and then we shall decide and do very organized way
>
> So if we think practically and morally we need to become much more stronger
> and create more and more awareness then we can think of fsf-karnataka
>
> if fsf karnatak is very much necessary then i can talk to some of the
> people who can even contribute offcie space and other things necessary -- i
> cant do that until and unless some concreate work is not shown

That will be cool.

--
Vikram Vincent
+919448810822