[FSUG-Bangalore] FSUG - Karnataka

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 18:25:23 IST 2008

2008/6/2 Anivar Aravind <anivar.aravind at gmail.com>:

> > A simple assessment of the above says that they are only partial
> > attempts and we have not been able to convert them to any long term gain
> > such as policy change, etc.. as we are just applying the "randomness"
> > approach.
>
> Thats why I pointed about the need of strengthening FSF India. This
> discussion itself shows immaturity of the movement here

No one disagreed about strengthening FSF-India. However, there is nothing
wrong with simultaneously working towards a coordination forum at the State
level.
AGAIN, now is not the time for an FSF-Karnataka

> >     I will support FSF karnataka only after seeing FSF India as a strong
> >     organisation entity (now its activities are 2-3 peoples work) to
> >     vanguard users freedom. I believe the current need is strengthening
> FSF
> >     India's campaigns, and asking FSF India to take up issues from
> >     Karanataka than creating a Local FSF
> >

> > Your support and opinion about a proposed FSF-Karnataka needs to be
> > taken with a pinch of salt. You have completely skipped your accusations
> > about FSF-{AP, Ker} and jumped to FSF-India without giving any concrete
> > reasons.
>
> Accusations?  I pointed about the problems of Institution driven
> movement instead of keeping a healthier link  between community and
> foundation. They will work off course in some level as we seen on kerala
> and AP. But it is not a role model. In kerala free software community &
> movement crossed this problem existed before.

What Institution driven movement? Are you referring to FSF? Any problems in
implementation can always be rectified.
Your argument still does not hold water.
--
Vikram Vincent
+919448810822