[FSUG-Bangalore] FSUG - Karnataka

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 17:53:43 IST 2008

Vikram Vincent wrote:
> Anivar,
> Are you proposing that you will stay in Karnataka till "death do us
> apart" and coordinate the Free Software Movement? AFAIK even Praveen's
> stay in Bangalore is temporary.

If you are interested in personal FUD I am not interested in it.
I am not considering myself in any position to *coordinate Free Software
Movement* . Please dont put allegations like this.
  This is my last mail on this thread

> 2008/6/2 Anivar Aravind <anivar.aravind at gmail.com
> <mailto:anivar.aravind at gmail.com>>:
>
>     we live in a age in which issues of concern will spread through groups
>     to group. I know if BMS user group takes up some issue to act
>     automatically all user groups in the country will act on it. (some
>     visble
>     examples are VTU Floss campaign, which spread the spirit all over the
>     country, Save karnataka campaign initiated by sampada, was supported by
>

> A simple assessment of the above says that they are only partial
> attempts and we have not been able to convert them to any long term gain
> such as policy change, etc.. as we are just applying the "randomness"
> approach.

Thats why I pointed about the need of strengthening FSF India. This
discussion itself shows immaturity of the movement here

>     is no need of a group with Authority of control and coordination. it is
>     simply the over use of the ctrl key.
>

> If you have some fears then please explain yourself clearly else please
> stop trying to spread FUD.

Clearly shows the immaturity of your response . At first you need to
know the meaning of FUD.

>     I will support FSF karnataka only after seeing FSF India as a strong
>     organisation entity (now its activities are 2-3 peoples work) to
>     vanguard users freedom. I believe the current need is strengthening FSF
>     India's campaigns, and asking FSF India to take up issues from
>     Karanataka than creating a Local FSF
>

> Your support and opinion about a proposed FSF-Karnataka needs to be
> taken with a pinch of salt. You have completely skipped your accusations
> about FSF-{AP, Ker} and jumped to FSF-India without giving any concrete
> reasons.

Accusations?  I pointed about the problems of Institution driven
movement instead of keeping a healthier link  between community and
foundation. They will work off course in some level as we seen on kerala
and AP. But it is not a role model. In kerala free software community &
movement crossed this problem existed before.

In bangalore we have a good community. we need to strengthen it. also we
can work as much as possible for spreading free software in the state.
You may remember about the campaign to promote free software in
karanataka started almost before one year.
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Campaign_to_promote_free_software_in_Karnataka
What prevents us from revamping it

> As we are witnessing, FSF-AP's activities are independent of FSF-India
> and that is appreciable. Just because somebody fails does not mean that
> all of us are useless.

I appreciate your spirit. But it does not prevent me from mentioning my
opinion in this list. I never said anything against FSF-AP or FSF India
in my mail. I was pointing the immediate need of strengthening FSF India
than putting energy for a local FSF

And As I pointed on the first message on this thread i would like to see
it coming from FSF India. After all these mails I feel Free Software
movement in bangalore is not mature enough to run a Local Free Software
Foundation

Anivar