[FSUG-Bangalore] Hi - about talk on the 8th

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 11:18:11 IST 2008

Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You missed to post the planning meeting announcement in FSUG list. It is
> not fair to plan a programme in the name of FSUG-bangalore without
> alerting in the public list about the planning meting . I feel the
> process was not free enough
>
> we can even cancel the event - if you feel so and do it collectively
> by fsug .we don't want to be a thorn in fsug and >> only want to be
> volunteers in the community.  that was not the intention. It was
> because of short notice and time constraints.  next event I think we
> will call for a fsug planning meeting.

My point was about the process . not about the event. Any Free Software
community will support a event for the free software cause. That is
different topic.

>>> can we call one as this is a ongoing series - please tell me when we
> can meet.
>>> I would let vikram state his views. He requested that we say
> 'volunteers of fsug' - we thought it would be good this way .

It is not about "we meet" .my only question is what prevents you from
announcing planning meeting in FSUG list.

> we are volunteers for fsug and the event is planned in that name
> only. If folks feel it shouldn't be in any other name
> we can choose
> it too.

I repeat I was not questioning the event. The process of planning it

Anivar