[FSUG-Bangalore] Fwd: Can you present on technical topics on GNU/Linux

ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | shyam karanattu aeshyamae at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 22:39:34 IST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | shyam karanattu <aeshyamae at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: Can you present on technical topics on GNU/Linux
To: rvcelinuxusersgroup at googlegroups.com

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I think that this is pretty important. Basic idea is that we organise
> tutorials in various places
> jointly under the banner of IEEE and Free Software Movement - Karnataka and
> we need
> people who are experts in their respective fields to please sign up.
> Those who are interested can please contact Senthil whom I have CC'ed in
> the mail.
>
> I think the best thing we could do is to shape the free software philosophy
to present it in the form that ieee guys understand!:)
We should have one paper explaining how the development(/innovation)
pathways change with the redefinition of freedoms one could excercise. Why
things are bad when we are prohibitting the sharing of information,(more as
results of experiments as scientific community is concerned) which was the
basis of difference between humans and other animals!. This includes the way
IEEE sees the things too.. They are a great international organisation with
a great amount of resources locked up inside their digital library! (We all
remember stallman echoing not to submit paper with ieee)...
So there is a fundamental conflict of interest between the scientific
community we have at the free software continent and the other way which
tries to hide everything up for upholding the developer's interest for
profit (that to not directly as the reward for the work done,but as the
restrictions they impose on the beneficiary!) ..I think this conflcit should
be exposed to the max and efficient way possible..

Thank you
Shyam K