[FSUG-Bangalore] How to become a Hacker in "Three Days" - HackSprints at Hackerdom ' 09

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 19:59:11 IST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Madhusudan C.S <madhusudancs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> "Announcing Hack-a-thons at Insignia 3.0- Hackerdom"
>>
>> While attempting to chalk out a list of talks in keeping with our motto :
>> "Come a User, Return a Hacker", we were faced with the question of how to
>> introduce a user to the hacker culture in a simple and understandable
>> manner. And Voila!, the Hack-a-thon was born.
>>
>> Hack-a-thon is where the Hackers go into the crowd and guide the users to
>> hack with them.
>> We will be setting up sessions introducing the concepts of mailing lists,
>> bug reporting, submitting contributions, documenting problems and giving
>> them practical experience in doing things the hacker's way.
>> We invite Hackers, Localization Teams and other interested parties to set
>> up small guidance sessions where you will be able to help users, students
>> and other hackers, begin contributing to your project.
>>
>>   NOTE: Hack-a-thon is not a developer meet developer coding session ! It
>> is where you help others to learn the art of hacking and contribution.
>>
> By the way, why there are no other details like, Date, Venue etc?
> Is it not decided or what?

http://hackerdom.in/node/3 says

Schedule

The process leading upto the Event is scheduled as follows.

    * Nov. 20,2008 - Event Announcement and Registration Opens
    * Nov. 20, 2008 - Call for Proposals
    * Dec. 10, 2008 - Final day for submission of Proposals
    * Dec. 11, 2008 - Shortlist of Proposals selected published
    * Dec. 11, 2008 - Call for submission of presentation slides
    * Jan. 5, 2009 - Final day for submission of presentation slides
    * Jan. 9, 2009 - Opening Day of Main Conference
    * Jan. 10, 2009 - Second day of Main Conference
    * Jan. 11, 2009 - Closing day of Main Conference

The Schedule for the Main conference will be published along with the
shortlist of proposals on Dec. 6, 2008, along with the shortlist of
selected proposals.

--
Any responsible politician should be encouraging a home grown Free
Software industry because it creates the basis for future jobs.