[FSUG-Bangalore] Future of FSUG-Bangalore (WasRe: Ministry meeting with RMS, Eben)

Anurag anurag at gnuer.org
Mon Dec 1 16:11:53 IST 2008

2008/12/1 Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com>:
> We understand from this that FSUG-Bangalore is a group which has no
> set direction and with a jurisdiction of Bangalore alone. It will go
> in the direction in which the pull is stronger. A mass movement on the
> other hand has clear aims and objectives and an organisational
> structure.

so, isn't it up to us, the list members to set a direction then?
increase the jurisdiction if needed? there's a saying about `building
on the shoulders of giants'. shouldn't we put existing resources to
use instead of creating new "movements"?

> If everybody agrees with our method of building the free software
> movement as a mass movement then please say yes and we will work on
> democratising FSUG-Bangalore and give it an organisational structure,
> aims, objectives, et al.

and what keeps you from defining aims, objectives and activities of
fsug-bangalore now? how would you ensure that your mass movement won't
get stormed by people with hidden agenda to promote 'non-free'
software and ideology.

Anurag
--
http://web.gnuer.org/