[FSUG-Bangalore] Candle light Vigil for Document freedom

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:07:45 IST 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/4/11 Anivar Aravind <anivar.aravind at gmail.com>:
>

> > On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Anivar Aravind
>  >
>  > <anivar.aravind at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > > On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:18 AM, tb dinesh <dinesh at servelots.com> wrote:
>  >  >  > Maybe we can continue this at IIMB on 19/20 barcamp?
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  Maybe also have a session on the OOXML - politics and technology.
>  >  >
>  >  >  sure.
>  >  >  What about a title "Technopolitrics : The ooxml way"
>  >  >
>  >  >  Renuka prasad called me now and said that nearly 50 students from RV
>  >  >  college will participate in Candle light  Vigil for Document freedom
>  >  >
>  >  >  he also suggested about changing the venue to Townhall , which will
>  >  >  give more visibility than gandhi park (if number of participants are
>  >  >  high.) what others think? we need to finalize it today itself
>  >  >
>  >
>  >  A clarification I mean steps in front of Townhall (near corporation circle)
>  >

>  If more people comes, lets have it near corporation circle.

So Let us fix it  in front of townhall

Vikram please take police permission for Corporation circle (in front
steps of townhall)

We need to prepare the following

1. Press Note  demanding BIS to appeal ISO Decision ( I will do it
within 13th and put it on wiki)
2. Media contacts ( Please alert all journalists you know)
3. Big Flex Board ( we may not get enough time to talk to all people .
Flex will do the job. we surelly need sponsors for this. we can modify
leaflet svg's in http://documentfreedom.org/2008/DFD_Starter_Pack)
4. some placards like
http://flickr.com/photos/andyarmstrong/2400034217/in/pool-750232@N22 (
There are a lot of interesting protest messages in ooxml pool
http://flickr.com/groups/750232@N22/pool/)
5. Blog it and bring your friends

Anivar