[FSUG-Bangalore] Debian Boot from external USB Hard Disk

harsha reddy harsha@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Nov 2 18:57:28 IST 2007

I have following questions to you:

To which partition did you install the grub?

Did you make sure that the partition(s) names picked up when booting are same as the partition names when you installed debian?

Do you have same version of Debian installed on the internal Hard disk as well as external hard disk?

some thing like the hard disk is detected as hda when connected as primary master.
and when connected to secondary master the same harddisk is detected as hdc. (this is the most general case).

=
Government Camp Vacation Rentals
Cabins & Condos, Hot Tubs, Fireplaces, Pet Friendly, Disc Lift Tix.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=f5047b2a379cdc5c62d3119643caa23c