[FSUG-Bangalore] Debian Boot from external USB Hard Disk

Shyam S shmkmrs@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Nov 2 10:51:52 IST 2007

Hi,

I am recently a problem in installing Debain GNU/Linux on my external
hdd for my laptop. The laptop had boot from external HDD option. I
install the Debain base system on the external hdd and grub was
successfully installed but when I try to boot from the external hdd
device  the booting halted showing the following error message.

Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Kernel panic - not syncing: no init found. try passing init= option to kernel

Thanks for any input/suggestion you may have

Regards
Shyam