[FSUG-Bangalore] Fwd: [Indlinux-group] SCIM keymap for Hindi Baraha system

Praveen A pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Aug 11 21:22:06 IST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gora Mohanty <gora at sarai.net>
Date: २००७ अगस्त ११ १३:३०
Subject: Re: [Indlinux-group] SCIM keymap for Hindi Baraha system
To: indlinux-group <indlinux-group at lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Indlinux-hindi <Indlinux-hindi at lists.sourceforge.net>, deewan
<deewan at sarai.net>

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 21:10 +0530, Gora Mohanty wrote:
[...]
> This fixes the earlier map, which was completely wrong, and I believe
> that it should be what is required, barring any bugs, and a few
> shortcomings noted at the top of the file. I will consider extending
> this to other Indian languages. Please follow up here if there are
> any issues with the keymap.
[...]

I have made up preliminary Baraha keymaps for the following scripts:
Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, and
Telugu. A zip file containing all these maps is available at
http://oriya.sarovar.org/download/baraha-maps.zip Download this, unzip
it (this will create the file INSTALL, and several .mim files in the
current directory). Follow the instructions in the file INSTALL to
install the desired maps. Essentially, what you have to do is to copy
the maps to /usr/share/m17n, and restart SCIM.

These maps were made by a simple transliteration of Unicode codepoints,
and will probably need some work.

Regards,
Gora

പ്രവീണ് അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്