[FSUG-Bangalore] [OT]Seach engine for Bangalore

Thejesh GN gnthej@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Oct 27 18:26:30 IST 2006

 The local search in India is not great.  Building one such for Bangalore
would be great idea but it requires a lot of investment. But how about
building a using Google Co-Op. Few days back Google released Google Co-Op.
This is where you can build the search engine by community involvement. The
search engine is built using the URLs submitted by the community.  In our
case just keep adding the URLs related to only Bangalore. Another
interesting factor is labeling. This gives the functionality of labeling the
URLs and making the search more relevant.

I have already started a Bangalore Search Engine. And in search of
volunteers who can submit the URLs to the engine to make it better, All you
need is gmail id to do it. If you don't have a gmail id then pass on the URL
so that I can add it. Sending the labels (or tags) will be an extra
information. Even if you are a blogger and if you blog about Bangalore then
send your blog URL. We have a label called Blogs. So lets begin the a
localized engine
For a quick search on Bangalore you can bookmark
http://www.eventsbangalore.net/seach-bangalore/
To contribute :
http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=017559419168545695386%3Ad7cydjkgozc

Suggestions are welcome.