[FSUG-Bangalore] wireless device problem

prashanth munichlinux@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Oct 7 18:19:54 IST 2006

On 10/6/06, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> wrote:
> > my laptop is intel centrino and card is ipw2200. i am using fc5
>
> I think you might need to get the firmware separately. It is available
> in RPM format at http://bordeaux.freshrpms.net/.
>
> > Sure the driver is ipw2200?  What does "lspci" output say?  What do you
> > see in dmesg output?  Is everything correct in /etc/network/interfaces?

these are the error tht i get... is there any problem with the device

Shutting down PCMCIA services: ERROR: Module ds is in use
ERROR: Module pcmcia_core is in use by ds
done.
Starting PCMCIA services: cardmgr[3786]: open_sock(socket 1) failed:
Bad file descriptor
cardmgr[3786]: watching 1 socket
done.

ipw2200: Detected Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
divert: allocating divert_blk for eth1
ipw2200: ipw2200_boot.fw load failed
ipw2200: Unable to load firmware: 0xFFFFFFFE