[FSUG-Bangalore] wireless device problem

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Oct 6 12:02:41 IST 2006

> my laptop is intel centrino and card is ipw2200. i am using fc5

I think you might need to get the firmware separately. It is available
in RPM format at http://bordeaux.freshrpms.net/.

> Sure the driver is ipw2200?  What does "lspci" output say?  What do you
> see in dmesg output?  Is everything correct in /etc/network/interfaces?
> Have you tried using network-admin or some such to configure your
> network interfaces?

On a Fedora system it will be /etc/sysconfig/ and not
/etc/network/interfaces. Inside the sysconfig directory there shall be
a number of sub-directories. Check the configuration files in the
relevant location. I will get you the exact name of the file later,
since I am not on a Fedora system now. :-(

Use system-config-network to get the GUI configuration tool.

Regards,
Debarshi
--
Microsoft does have a Y2K problem... it's called GNU/Linux!