[fsug-bangalore] 'LDTP Workshop' Diary (March 26)

Ramakrishna Reddy ramkrsna@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Mar 27 20:08:24 IST 2006

On 3/27/06, Rakesh 'arky' Ambati <rakesh_ambati at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Nagappan <anagappan at novell.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Arky,
> >     From your nice write up I hope things went on
> > well !!! I would like
> > to hear more about LDTP session ;)
>
> Hi Nagappan,
>
> Perhaps for the LDTP developers it may seems like the
> workshop it not a big leap in propagating the project.
> But its a significant step and we need to do more such
> event in Bangalore and elsewhere.

 It seems like in a country like India, where buzzwords like Mainframe
computing, Retail Management, CRM, ERP..... are given more hype in
Students minds , where *testing* and *QA* jobs, and to an extent
*sys-ops* look  not so exciting for the students. Students mistake
TDD, for something boring. Infact testing esp. Open source code, is
much more exiciting, when you look at the quality of the code written,
its much much higer than its competitors.

There is lot of vaccum in the Linux Testing Industry, Many testing
tools but no good documentation :( . Its an opportunity of many
students to make their mark in the Linux Testing Industry.

> Its great that the students who were present at the
> event got an idea about software testing and perhaps
> some may choose to try things out. And that itself is
> worth its weight in gold. I have seen a chap with do a
> small example that was presented in the workshop and I
> say am impressed with the simplicity of python and
> ldtp lib's.
>
> Irrespective of the benefits of this workshop, what I
> made sure was that everyone had fun doing it and we
> did.
>
> What do you say Sandesh, and Saravana.
>

> Cheers
>
> --arky

Ramakrishna Reddy                                               GPG
Key ID:31FF0090
Fingerprint =  18D7 3FC1 784B B57F C08F  32B9 4496 B2A1 31FF 0090