[fsug-bangalore] Kororaa XGL the ultimate live CD

dinesh dinesh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Mar 22 15:27:24 IST 2006

  प्रवीण् ए (Praveen A) wrote:
> It again gives us
> another example of the trap like java and flash did, it is better not to
> have a software version that run on free OS but is proprietory. If there
> is a requirement someone will write it. If free of cost versions are
> avialable people easily compromise. It took so long to have a free java
> equivalent and flash still in the making. It was my fault to miss these
> examples.
>
> Again here is one common comment people make - It all depends on how far
> you are ready to go, your bios is not free.

We have and use Java for our Pantoto development. The view that
we take is that it is up on us to get Java freed. Us as in
the larger community of open source Java developers. The more
we are the more the need is. If it comes to that we can do
a translator from Java to openJ or such and scare the hell
out of Sun.