[fsug-bangalore] Topic for next Gnu(s) grazing: Free Software Business Model

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Mar 13 21:09:11 IST 2006

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for writing the points we discussed Praveen. As
Praveen has pointed out in his mail that its better to
focus on points (1) (2) and keeping my comments
limited to them in this post.

--- " पà¥*रवà¥*णà¥* à¤* (Praveen A)"
<pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:

> So we have many themes for future meets and we will
> take one at a time.
> Don't be afraid of the long list. We will take one
> at a time.
>
> 1. Free Software Business Model (Arky suggested)
>
> We will get Free Software products/services
> companies like Redhat, Novell,
> Spike Source, Deeproot Linux ... to talk about their
> business model.

We just as well discuse the existing Free Software
Business models and
(3.) Starting Free Software Companies.

> This would be better planned and executed in way to
> help us understand each
> other and enable us to pull together GPLv3 event.
> This can happen sometime in April. The venue could
> be BMS, PESIT or
> Saptagiri whichever comes forward first :-)

Yes, I remember abhas mentioning that its possible to
get lecture room in IIsc for such meets.

> 2. Introduction to python (Anush), Talk on perl
> hacks (Basil?), Ajax by
> Kushal  (I hope you would be happy to do this), LAMP
> by Ramkrsna (I know you
> did this talk on last Software Freedom Day in
> Cochin) ...

There was request for Perl For System Administration
tasks from Nitin. Perl hacks are really scary stuff
for the uninitiated. ;o) [flame bait]

> This will be happening in March 25 Gnu(s) grazing.
> Any of these topics I
> wouldn't be surprised if all of these happen too :-)
> This could happen at SJCE Mysore. Sandesh Kamath
> contacted me and he would
> like to have it on 25. If we could manage it we can
> all go to Mysore. [Well
> I'll be missing it as I have to attend my cousine's
> marriage]. If we are
> ready to go to Mysore Sandesh will take care of
> other issues.

I'll be happy to attend any outside social events.
More R&R would do me good.

Cheers

--arky